Austria Postal Codes
Austria Postal Codes are located here. Austria zip codes can be accessed by clicking each states.
Austria Postal Codes for States
Austria Postal Codes MAP
Austria zip codes can be seen on the map. All postcodes of Austria can be viewed under each states.
Austria Postcode History
In Austria since 1941 uses a postal code system. Postcodes were already used at the beginning of the German Empire. Reichsgau code 12a for Eastern Alps and Danube (Vienna, Lower Danube, Styria) and Alps and Reichsgau Danube West (Carinthia, Salzburg, Tyrol, Vorarlberg).
On January 1, 1966, the General Directorate of Post and Telegraph Administration in Vienna introduced a four-digit Postcode, which is still used today in Austria for the first time. In all cases, the first digit represents the postcode area. The number "one" is Vienna, "two" is typical of eastern and southern Lower Austria and northern Burgenland, "three" is attributed to western Lower Austria and southeastern Upper Austria, and "four" is attributed to Upper Austria and the western region . In Lower Austria the "five" included Salzburg, the "six" part of the West, Upper Austria the Tyrol and Vorarlberg part of the North, the "seven" Burgenlan and Styria, and the "eight" southern Burgenland, "nine" represents southern Burgenland. " Defines Carinthia and East Tyrol.
Mail delivery and postal service in Austria is handled by the Österreichische Post AG (opens in a new tab).
Austria is in Central Europe, near Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Hungary, Italy, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia, among other countries. It is also one of Europe's oldest cities. Austria is home to some of the most interesting cities on the continent, such as Vienna, the country's capital, and Salzburg, where the famous composer Mozart was born. The country manages to draw tourists at all times of the year.
With its museums, art galleries, theaters, and opera, Vienna, the capital, is known as one of the most important places in Europe for art and music. During the winter, skiers from all over the world come to the ski resorts in the country's mountainous areas. Innsbruck is one of the most popular places to ski in the country. It was also the site of the Winter Olympics in 1964 and 1976. On cold, snowy winter days, this area is where athletes from Austria and other countries gather the most.
Austria has been influenced by many different states and cultures over the course of its history. You can see the effects of these cultures in cities like the capital, Vienna, and Salzburg. Austria, which does not have a coast to the sea, has a continental climate. Even though it gets very cold and harsh in the winter, especially in the north of the country, the air is a little warmer in the south. If you plan to visit the country, especially in the winter, you should be prepared for the fact that the temperature can sometimes drop below 0 degrees.
How to find Austria Postal Code?
With up to 2 different clicks Austria postal codes can be found. States such as Burgenland, Kärnten, Niederösterreich, Oberösterreich, Salzburg, Steiermark, Tirol, Vorarlberg are categorized as a list. Click on the states in which the sub administrative section you want to find the Austria postal code or Austria zip code is. On the next page, continue by clicking similarly on the sub-administrative states.
Each states uses a postal code to deliver mail to addresses. This service is usually provided by the post offices in that area. If your shipment is a cargo, there are institutions that provide this transfer. Click on the area you are looking to find the correct postcode for the address in Austria. Thus, the most accurate Austria postal codes can be learned.
Austria Postal Codes in May 2023
Austria Postal Codes query results on postzipcode are up-to-date. The website is constantly kept up-to-date and accurate information is reflected to the visitor. What to do for Austria postal code inquiry in May 2023 is quite simple. Select Austria from the postzipcode.com homepage and proceed by selecting the states you want to learn the Austria zip code for. By following this step, you have the opportunity to learn the postal codes of all states in Austria.
FAQ for Austria Postal Codes
- What is Austria postal code or Austria zip code?
- States such as Burgenland, Kärnten, Niederösterreich, Oberösterreich, Salzburg, Steiermark, Tirol, Vorarlberg are categorized as a list. Click on the states in which the sub administrative section you want to find the Austria postal code or Austria zip code is.
- How do I track my parcel, package from Austria?
- Official designated operator postal office is Österreichische Post AG in Austria. For track your parcel or package where send from Austria, visit the Österreichische Post AG homepage. Österreichische Post AG homepage is https://www.post.at/.
- What is the official name of Austria postal service or office?
- Official name of Austria postal service is Österreichische Post AG.
- How do I contact Austria post office?
- Visit the Österreichische Post AG website and get in touch from the contact page. Website of Österreichische Post AG is https://www.post.at/.
- Are all Austria zip codes or postal codes 4 digits or characters?
- Yes, all of postal codes are 4 digits or characters. Austria postal code format is ####.
- Which is the capital city of Austria?
- Capital city of Austria is Vienna.
- What is Austria area code?
- International area code of Austria is +43.
- What do Austria mobile numbers start with?
- All Austria telephone numbers start with +43.